Friday, August 13, 2010

Dynamite or Dynamite Art?

Inside this building (viewed from my window across the street) was possibly the setting for some bizarre art making. So bizarre that it became a bomb threat last night and the whole block was evacuated. I knew there were a lot of artists hiding in Rogers Park, but I had no idea their art was 'da bomb'.
Okay, bad joke, but I couldn't resist. The block was compared to a scene from the movie Outbreak with officials dressed in haz-mat suits:

Check out the full article, that describes wires sticking out of teddy bears, green liquid in buckets, and so on. This is better than the movies!:
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/08/police-responding-to-possible-bomb-threat.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ChicagoBreakingNews+%28Chicago+Breaking+News%29
Thankfully they found no threat...so please, friends, still come and visit me, we're in the clear!