Monday, March 8, 2010

That's a wrap!

When Washington Mutual shutdown, I kept seeing all of their signs wrapped snugly in some tarp-like material. I saw another one still wrapped snugly while I was out in the 'burbs today. What was probably an attempt to remove the corporate presence has actually illuminated them even more. There are artists who have already been doing just that: the Jeanne-Claude and Christo duo. (See below.) I believe these artists wrap things so that we see their forms more clearly and to notice things that we would otherwise overlook. Well, I can't stop seeing Washington Mutual now. Note that I took no pictures of "unwrapped logos" on my drive today.




On a side note, Jeanne-Claude passed away this past November. But she lives on--even in a mundane drive through the suburbs.