Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pyrex Productions presents Pyrex No. 1

With the help of my inspiring friends, Skyler and Kyle, I finally got a bicycle wheel spinning from my ceiling! Several years and 3 apartments ago, I was inspired by a ReadyMade magazine article on re-purposing old bike wheels. I constructed a wheel into a pot rack and then never figured out how to suspend it safely from the ceiling...until this past weekend. I asked Skyler to video tape me turning the pot rack so I could show off its spinning capabilities. Within a few minutes, this simple video turned into a costumed affair with high heels, lipstick, and even a carefully arranged set of props with rehearsal. Pyrex Productions was born on a cool summer night over a bowl of cherries and under a spinning rack of pots. I dropped all other goals of preparing my classroom lessons for the start of school this week. Instead, I set to editing "Pyrex No. 1" until the wee hours. To priorities! And to my new film collaborator: Skyler Schrempp!

http://youtu.be/Hn6CnrAfPho