Monday, April 12, 2010

Nerd Alert

Okay, here's a quick blurb of images to sum up the week. "Must. Make. Things. Connect." -said the little thesis voice in my head. Here's a book work from an undergrad at SAIC's BFA show. Book artists. We just keep doing the same thing over and over! And I fully admit I love it. This genre just keeps repeating itself!
Now watch how I connect this book image above to the view from my Thesis class below. (My thesis is related to books.) This is also what a thesis binder looks like, boys and girls.
Now I will connect my thesis class to this image of a lecture I attended. I was late for my thesis class that day actually because I was sitting in on an art history lecture about the human body through history...or something. The professor claims it is the first lecture ever given in history via an iPad. I have no proof of this but I felt cutting edge.
Now I will connect this nerdiness above to a whole different nerdiness below. Soul Asylum. Yes. Soul Asylum. I saw them Saturday. There, I said it.
This image is just for emphasis. (You know, this blog post is sounding remarkably like my annotated image list from my Curriculum and Instructions class- inside joke: FMT.)
And this image is connected because I thought this, too, was a riot. As it turns out "Latino fiesta" tastes remarkably like my favorite cookie that I dearly miss from my days in Australia. The amazing Tim Tam. I actually left some clothes out of my suitcase in Sydney so I could pack more Tim Tams.
And now I will connect that image to this image of the aforementioned excellent Australian cookie...or bisquit as they say.
I miss you, Tim Tam. But, alas, I found a new lover: the Latino fiesta.

If you've made it this far down the blog post (congrats), please leave a comment for me answering this:
What is your definition of a nerd?