Sunday, January 24, 2010

Viennese Ball

-Soooo, whadya see in Vienna, Jean?
-Oh, ya know, went to a ball at the palace.



Apparently, well-behaved Americans need to have"Excuse me" written in German on their hand.



You may have already forgotten that I went on a 11 day trip to Vienna, with short trips to Prague and Budapest sprinkled in there. I have decided to show my trip in small digestable pieces here on the blog bit by bit. My first blog topic is the night at the ball!
You heard right. My friend and host in Vienna, Bob, was able to get some tickets to the "Ball der Pharmacie." Yep, the folks who put it on have something to do with pharmaceuticals. Awesome. A ballgown was not in THIS backpacker's luggage. But luckily Austria has a healthy supply of shops. (Cinderella's fairy godmother was on a cruise in a warmer part of the world anyway.) I was able to get a dress that afternoon just in time for the ball.So there was ballroom dancing as to be expected, but at midnight...Michael Jackson came back to life and peformed at the ball!
Note in this video how Austrians are not so eager to cut loose like, ahem- Americans, for example. Go MJ!