Monday, June 8, 2009

New Paintings from May 2009


There has been a sparseness of blog posts of late and I still have to blame it on my wonky digital camera that reads: Lens Error: 115,0,0,215 when I try to turn it on.
That does not mean I haven't been busy with artsy happenings and haven't wanted to share them with you all. May has been a month of adjustment and preparation. I got settled back into my Chicago environs and have been sorting through the logistics of events ahead. Namely, the Cantigny Fine Art Festival happening in Wheaton, IL, June 20-21, 2009.

"Enjoy Father's Day weekend at Cantigny Park with The Cantigny Fine Art Festival. Established in 2002, the festival showcases juried artists from all across the United States. The artists are thrilled to display sculpture, fine art, and fine craft at the former estate of Colonel Robert R. McCormick on the park’s spacious front lawn, under a canopy of honey locust trees. Cantigny Park is, in and of itself, a horticultural masterpiece.

...Cantigny Park will present an opera concert on Saturday at 5pm in the festival area."

I will be exhibiting my artwork all weekend and have a few new pieces "fresh off the easel." Some new ones from the past few weeks are pictured here and will be for sale at the fest.